Monday 25 May 2009

Blimey!

Today we did our tech rehearsal. I know that's a bit of a leap, considering how long ago my last blog was.

We got-in to the theatre yesterday. Five LWB transit van loads of scenery and equipment. FIVE! I need to try and find a Luton van for next week to make it a bit easier.

So yesterday was a very long day for everyone, but we got most of the set up (enough working doors, etc, to do a run on Sunday night). Then back in first thing this morning to finish off more stuff and start tech-ing around 4pm. Amazingly we started our stagger cue-to-cue run only 10 or 15 mins late. And finished around 4.5 hours later.

Not a bad result. We'd already spent an hour or so plotting the lights for Act One, so we managed to plot Act Two as we went along.

I have to say, the actors are amazingly patient and showed great forbearance during this run. And I'm sure that their efforts are going to be worthwhile because the set, costumes and props look marvellous under the lights.

I am slightly concerned that we will have sticky moments on a couple of the scene changes because they are more complicated than anything that I remember our group attempting before - that's the peril of using two revolves in your scene design I guess!

Tomorrow is the dress rehearsal. I'm very confident that the show is going to work and will hang together well. I'm really looking forward to it - and at the same time dreading that it's almost over...

1 comment:

jomoore said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing it on Saturday, PT. Fingers are crossed for you for the first performances. Break legs, etc.