Tuesday 19 May 2009

Cracked It

With the help of my ever patient actors, stage manager and props lady, I've managed to fix an awkward scene transition which has been bugging me for, oh, about 10 weeks! And all because I decided that we needed one less door than was really needed. But I think our solution is elegant, theatrical and neat though.

I've also tidied-up some issues with Lisette and the Coachman (much better now) and dialled-back the 'business' with Weinberl and Christopher, which was just not working - mainly because it was too contrived and not truthful. It's looking a lot better now.

One more run to come on Thursday before we get-in to the theatre on Sunday. Yikes! I'm going to try and look at the big picture instead of fussing over the details (as I tend to do). Now we need to make sure we're telling the story clearly.

I think it's going to be a cracking show. I'm getting tired now though and I'll be glad when the curtain goes up on Wednesday. The next 7 or 8 days are going to be hard work...

No comments: