Sunday 17 May 2009

Ticking Over

A week to go until get-in. We've just had our now traditional all-day rehearsal which we have at this stage of the production. It's a chance to get a couple of runs under our belts, in more relaxed circumstances than an evening session allows, along with introducing the actors to costumes, sound effects, music and performance props for the first time.

I also took the opportunity to plan the scene transitions. Something that will have to be very slick in the show if it is to run with a good pace.

I'm now happier than I have been at any time since we started rehearsing. There are still parts of the show that could be paced-up (and I need to find ways of nudging performance levels up in those places) but I can see that overall we will have a fantastic show when the curtains open in (gulp) less than 10 days time.

The set is (please!) close to being ready - thanks to Alan, our designer, and my Dad, who have both been putting in loads of time during the week. Just a few bits of finishing-off this week - oh, and one major bit of build at the last minute!

This time next week I'll be just about rolling in after 12 hours work in the theatre getting the set in and ready, followed by a run-through with the cast on the stage for the first time. A week! Not long to go now.

Better sell some tickets!

No comments: