Saturday 2 May 2009

Sell, Sell, Sell!

Oh, I'm rubbish aren't I? It's been over a month since my last post. I've meant to sit down and write something before now, but I've never known what to write.

Rehearsals have been going very well - characterisations are great, the shape of the play is good, and we're well on the way to getting the right pace.

I've not had the same personal connection to the production that I've had in past shows. I think that's down to my personal circumstances, because the cast and the rest of the crew are putting in a huge effort, as usual.

Whatever the reasons, it's now only 3 weeks until get-in, so we're beginning the final push. From next week on we're running each act, or the whole play, over and over - tweaking the pacing and adjusting everything until it works like clockwork. It's now that the frustrations and hard work turn into something tangible.

Of course, while I'm now feeling much happier with the performance side of things, it's the time that we start the difficult job of getting the lights, sound, props, costumes and scenery over the final hurdles.

And the scenery is a major undertaking: Two (count 'em) 10-foot revolves built and we have to come up with an old-fashioned, working 'cash railway' which will also be able to be hoisted out of the way of the rotating set. In a theatre without a dedicated fly system. Hmmm...

So, a few technical challenges, but I'm confident that in just over 3 weeks, we'll have a show we can be proud of.

In the meantime, click the link over in the sidebar to buy tickets...

No comments: